To resist the constant WhatsApp hacking they have introduced a method called two factor authentication. In addition, These days security has been a big challenge for the users. Above all, to secure your communication you must need to follow some instructions of steps. Therefore, Two step verification in WhatsApp prevents fake from stealing your Phone number.
Two-step verification is a non-compulsory function that provides extra protection to your account. To enable verification method you have to follow couple of instruction or steps to achieve security in your account.
How to enable two steps verification
To enable this security feature follow the instruction below and make sure that you have followed all the steps very clearly.
Settings -> Account -> Two-step verification
- Open your WhatsApp application and go into your side menu and select “Settings“.
- Select “Account” option.
- Click on “Two-step verification”
- Choose “enable” option to enable the security.
- Enter your 6 digit PIN number or Pass-code (This pass-code will be used in feature for account validation).
- Re-enter the pass-code.
- Give your email ID to get notified about the account information and even used for recovering the account (Optional step).
- Re-enter your Email ID.
- Final step is to Save all the changes by giving “Save“.
Once you done with your changes you can even disable/ Change PIN/ Change Email Address the two step verification. To achieve that by going Settings->Account->Two step verification -> Disable/ Change PIN/ Change Email Address.
In addition, This security feature is an extra safeguard to your WhatsApp account, Whatsapp will now no longer can help you to confirm your phone number in seven days of using the provider without the pass-code.
This means if you don’t choose a recovery email, it will be not possible to confirm your account without your code inside seven days. After the seven day duration has elapsed, you could get right entry to your account again (Even without a code). How ever all messages can be deleted.
In conclusion, This is always better to enable the two steps verification functionality that gives more security to your account. There will be even lesser chance of get hacked if you enable this WhatsApp security feature.