Ever wanted to unlock your devices? Now its time to unlock your phone bootloader with simple steps. Remember one thing this method only supported for Xiaomi or Redmi devices. Your xiaomi phone does not allow you to perform custom Rom unless it s unlocked. Unlocking bootloader gives you access to all the files which are blocked or prohibited access for the normal users. After unlocking bootloader and rooting the device you will earn the rights of all the administrative roles to the operating system. Now why your are waiting for? Lets start working on that.
Things We Needed
- Mi Flash Unlock (Download)(Mirror)
- Download your corresponding device drive.
- Make a backup of all the important data into some other storage medias like your computer.
How to Unlock Bootloader for all Xiaomi devices
- First thing ensure that your device is Xiaomi.
- Install ADB device drive for your phone model
- Enable developer option by going into settings and in About phone tap Miui version 8 times and it will allow you to be a developer.
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging by going into Settings and in Additional Settings go to Developer options and Enable those options.
- Add your MI account by going to Developer options and in MI Unlock Status add your account.
- Boot your phone into fastboot mode usually by pressing both (Vol-,Power button) after power off device.which will show you a android repair logo.
- Connect your phone into your computer
- Open Mi Flash Tool and login with your credentials
- Now click Unlock button to unlock your bootloader of your phone. (if your phone showing any error you are not followed the above steps and if you are getting error like after 245 hour or something like that you have to wait for that much hour and try again to get permission to unlock the device).
- Done Unlocking 🙂